Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to me....and grandma!

So, it was my birthday on Tuesday, and grandma's as well.  I turned 34.  Three-Four...I need to let that sink in.  It doesn't seem like I should be that old.  Which I guess is good.  You are only as old as you feel, right?  It just seems that a 34 year old would be much wiser than I am.  Much more sophisticated and mature.  I am starting to get wrinkles, which I never ever imagined I would, so I just need to accept that the years are going to pass and I am going to feel and look older.  Boooo!  3 - 4...it still just doesn't seem quite right. 

On our birthday, Barclay surprised both Grandma and I with flowers and cards.  It was simple but wonderful.  I got mad at him last year because he got me a gift card.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the massage I got out of it, but I wanted a little more "thought" put into my birthday.  So the surprise of flowers was perfect!  Barclay also took his mom out to dinner a movie, a mother-son date.  I'm sure she loved it, alone time with her son.  I would love for Owen and/or Levi to do that for me. 

I've had the most perfect birthday week ever!  Its been so relaxing.  The kids are at grandma/grandpas for the weekend.  We've got some christmas decorations up, did some black friday shopping, and now hubby is making me biscuits and gravy.  So perfect!

Since Thanksgiving was this week as well, I want to take a moment to write what I am thankful for, as cheesy and trite as this may be:  I am thankful for my husband, who provides so much for our family - both financially but more importantly, emotionally.  My boys, even though I get frustrated and annoyed at times, could not imagine life without them.  My health.  My in-laws, they are so loving and a wonderful support system.  My friends.  My dog.  My house.  My iPhone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment