Friday, September 25, 2009

Is it me or is Ellen looking more and more like a guy?

Before you send me hate mail or post comments, I absolutely love Ellen Degeneres....but, she is looking decidedly more like a dude. Everytime I catch her show (and by catch I mean its on in the background while I am running from laundry-to dishes-to vacuuming...) she is wearing a flannel shirt, and, her hair is boy short. I have to wonder, just because you are a lesbian does that mean you have short hair and wear man clothes? Or, is it because her partner is ultra-feminine she plays the 'masculine' role? I'm not trying to be demeaning, I just don't get it. Ellen is a very pretty lady, and I don't understand this whole look she has going on.


Today has gone well so far. The past 2 days, not so much. Owen has been in his "mood". Yesterday I had to put him in his room for 20 minutes and let him scream. We also put him to bed at 6:30 pm. Not sure what was going on, but it sure wasn't fun. The bad days are so much worse now that he is doing better. I was used to it before...and when he gets like that now, I'm not as prepared to handle it. This morning though, we went to chick-fil-a with my moms group and he did fabulous. He really listened to me and when it was time to go, he left without protest.

Levi is pointing at everything now. He loves to point at babies and says "baba baba". I think he will walk soon. He can stand on his own.

I'm conflicted....do we get the flu shot? The CDC makes it sound like everyone's life is in grave danger if you don't get one...but I don't want another foreign substance in my children's bodies, or mine for that matter....ugh...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment