Friday, August 14, 2009

The boys are tired and cranky

Both boys are upstairs crying right now. There is little left to do other than let them cry while I type and try to ignore it. They are both very tired and cranky, and its my fault...well kind of.

The day started off great. Grandma and cousin Wyatt drove over from Carlyle to spend the morning with Owen for his birthday. We all went to the Creation Station at the Museam of Transportation and then rode the train. We went to McDonalds for lunch after.

Both boys were very tired and ready for naps as soon as we got home. That was all well and good, except I had to take them to the Open House at Owen's new school at 1 pm. So they both only got 30 minutes of rest, not good for boys who like their long 3 hour naps (not good for me either). Why in the world did this school schedule an open house from 1 - 2 pm??? I needed to take Owen, so that he is comfortable when he goes on Monday. I'm still annoyed about it, esp as I listen to my 2 guys cry from being over-tired. I'm tired and cranky too. Hopefully they fall asleep soon.

Tomorrow is a big day. Owen turns 3 and has a birthday party at Whittle Train Station. There are lots of little friends coming, but he keeps talking about Brady. He says "Brady is coming to my birthday, I'm going to be 3". Its so cute.

Okay, I think they are calming down. I need to rest. Hopefully I can get a quick nap in when daddy gets home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment