Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Its a beautiful day...."

I have that song from U2 in my head...its on our wedding video too.

I'm feeling very thankful for everything in my life this morning. Its absolutely gorgeous outside, and Barclay is making me an omelet (my hubby is a damn good cook). We have had such a wonderful weekend. The boys went to grandma and grandpas' on Friday (again, I have fabulous in-laws). Owen had a blast playing outside all weekend there. Friday night, I had a bunch of friends over and we drank and talked the night away until 2 am (some ladies until 4 am!). Barclay went out with his guy friends. Saturday, another beautiful day, we did some yard work outside. Barclay got to take a nap, in exchange for us to go see a model home in a new subdivision (This whole house thing is a bit of a sore spot for Barclay and I, but that is a blog entry for a different day, I'm staying positive right now:-)). Then, we went to a late afternoon picnic with a bunch of friends. This morning, we woke up to beautiful weather, and having a cup of coffee listening to some Christian music. We both like contemporary Christian music...not the old school hymn stuff (nothing wrong with it, just not our thing).

I'm so happy right now, just feeling very grateful for my life, family, and good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment