Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A great day!

I wish I could bottle today up and just reproduce it and live it every day. I could tell from the moment Owen got up that he was "with it". He is 100% with us today, just a normal very happy (almost) 3 year old boy. We started the morning off with cereal, he played some sesame street games on the computer, and then we went for a walk. He drives his red dodge truck and I walk with Mason and Levi. He did so good! We were running out of time because Miss Sue(speech therapist) was gonna be at our house, so I told Owen we couldn't take our normal route. I was nervous, because Owen fixates on sameness. We have to walk the same route every day. I was ready for a meltdown. He started to go "left" and I said "Owen we have to go straight, Miss Sue is going to be at our house soon" and I just started walking straight, hoping and praying he would follow....and he did!!!! I was shouting "good job Owen, good job listening" and clapping like mad...anyone on the street would have thought I was a crazy person, but this was HUGE for us, HUGE!! And then...we get home and Owen said "Hey mommy, I want to go downstairs to the basement and play with beads, I won't let Levi have any". Okay, can I remind you that just 3 months ago we were happy if Owen put 3 words together? He not only asked to go and play, but remembered me saying to him that Levi was too little for the beads he played with and not to let him have them.

Owen's last session with Miss Sue was today. I'm sad. She has helped our family so much and given such great advise. She has truly helped our family grow. (If anyone in STL is in need of services, please contact her http://www.therapyrelief.com/)

After speech, we packed up and went to Tilles Park. St. Louis has amazing parks, really, I've been here 3 summers now and still haven't been to all of them. This park had a great play area and a little water play area. I had a scary moment when I was doing something with Levi and couldn't find Owen. I eventually found him on the swings, but it was really scary...he is so fast! So here is a mommy thing I did while at the park that maybe wasn't cool, but it had to be done. We got to the park and I got Levi out and he had pooped. I go to change him and opps...no diapers! So I took a wipe and scraped the poop onto the ground and put the diaper back on him :) No, there wasn't a bathroom or a garbage can around. Its just poop on the ground, no worse than the duck poop everywhere....Oh, and then I didn't realize the water area was there, so I let Owen run around in his underwear to play in it. Yes, I am THAT hoosier mom...

I've come home to a spotless clean house. Every-other-Wed my cleaning lady comes and it is by far my favorite day of the week. I used to be a neat freak before I had kids, so I really enjoy the 2 hours I get of a spotless house. I wanted to take a picture to show the house at Noon and then at 4 pm, because it will be a mess by then, but the camera is in Levi's room. Its quiet, the boys are sleeping, the house is clean, I'm in heaven. I feel like I should be on one of those Hersey Bliss commercials right now.

1 comment: