Sunday, August 9, 2009

Re-calibration Sunday

I love going to church. I almost always feel so fulfilled after going. There are times that I am not so much into the topic, but 75% of the time I am better for going. Barclay and I are non-denominational. We believe in God and Jesus, but we do not have a particular affiliation. We attend Windsor Crossing, which is a great place. They have cool music, and best of all you can roll out of bed and go, dressing up is not required and in fact if you did people might look at you kinda funny. Today, the guest speaker was telling a story about a man whose 7 month old died. I can't even wrap my head around how painful that is to go through, and I never never want to find out. The topic was painful to listen to, but I left feeling very thankful for my boys. I can get sour sometimes, and wonder why things have to be "so hard", but really, its not hard. I don't want God to show me hard, I want to appreciate what I have right now.

The timer just went off for Owen's GFCF choc chip cookies with pureed summer squash mixed in. I put pureed veges in everything. He loves spinach brownies. But, just know they are as awful as they sound, Owen just doesn't know any better. I was doing the mix ins before stupid Jessica Sienfield :)

I am digging the blogging. I love to talk, and this is a way for me to talk un-interrupted for as long as I want....

Last night we gave the boys a bath together for the first time. It was so fun. Oh, as a matter of fact, it was the first time we ate dinner together as an entire family. Levi usually goes to bed at 6. But, he had a very late nap yesterday so we all go to eat together. Barclay made porterhouse and Owen ate a ton of it! The best steakhouse in town has nothin' on my husband's steaks. So, we tried a double bath and the boys had fun. Owen "washed" Levi.

Today after church we went to Target and got the boys (I love saying that) a new outside pool. I wanted to get 2, but we are on a cash only budget now to start saving more $$ so I had to pick between the two...you notice I say "I" had to...most of Owen's toys are for me, not him. I'm on a mission to keep him entertained. The happiness factor in our house looks like this...if the following people are happy in this order, then we are okay: Owen-Mommy-Levi-Mason(dog)-Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment